Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Bear Lake and the Baby Raccoon


We went on our "first" family outing. We went for a drive up to Bear Lake. It was mine and Madilynn's first time to see the lake. While we were there, we decided to get out and just relax under this huge tree. While we were sitting there with my back to the tree, Jeremy said, "Don't move" I was sitting there thinking that there was a bear behind me. But little did I know it was a cute little baby raccoon.

Jeremy just couldn't resist, he had to get as close as he could to it. But I guess my definition of getting close to something is much different than his.

Yep that's right.....Jeremy is holding the raccoon. I was freaking out. All I thought about was rabies, I mean yea I looked at it but I was in the car with the doors locked and Madilynn tightly in my arms. Poor Pepper, we left him outside with Jeremy.

We learned how to finally use our timer on our camera. So here was our first attempt and it actually worked. Can you tell it was a little bright and windy outside???
June 2008

4 comments:

Brent~April~Kennley said...

Jeremy is braver than I am.....Even a little baby would have scared the pants off me. Sounds like a fun day:)

~Paige~ said...

Oh my heck!!!! He is daring, good thing you guys were locked up in the car! Thats awesome though! Thats fun you went to bear lake, I havent been there in a while I need to go..I dont think Nate has ever been there. We should get together one night and do something. Love your pictures and blog :)

Melissa said...

Wow you are a blogger now! Sweet, another friend!

Brent~April~Kennley said...

P.S. Yes Kennley loves her Bumbo chair. She just relaxes in it and watches TV. It's so cute!!!